Developing a hard disk drive is something that is a bit more thought-provoking and requires preparation, if you have a computer for a while and has made an army of music, movies, and personal belongings, then you may lose all your data. This means that you can be sure that you can easily copy all the data quickly and easily, keeping in mind that you definitely keep the points in mind.
- Do you have an operating system disk for reinstalling the operating system?
- Do you have any hardware drivers or can you get it?
- Did you make a full backup of all your personal files if something is wrong?
If you can reply to the above, you can simply upgrade or replace the hard drive so you can save time and money.
There are three main reasons for replacing the hard disk: –
- There is not enough space on the current drive
- Current drive noise during run
- There are several drives on the drive that run slowly.
Another reason is the drive speed, many people are now upgrading from a 5400RPM drive to a faster 7200RPM drive, simply to accelerate drive read / write time.
Steps to migrate to the hard disk drive are quite straight forward.
- Make sure all your documents and everything on your computer, flash drive, external hard drive, etc.
- Then turn off the power cord and unplug the power cord.
- Remove the base unit housing and locate the hard drive.
- Remove the data cable and power supply at the rear of the drive
- Remove the retaining screws and remove the hard drive from the case.
- Install the new hard disk in the above order.
After you have compiled a computer, you must start your computer by taking care of the operating system, starting the computer, and entering the BIOS to ensure that the computer is set up to start the CD ROM drive from the first device.
Insert the operating disk into the drive and exit the BIOS so your computer starts up.
To install the operating system, follow the on-screen instructions after completing the installation, obtaining the time to install the service packs and security updates. After you've done this, you can start the device driver installation, and then all your personal files.
Note: Even if you are not sure whether your operating system is running or how to boot from the CD drive, contact a specialist to do the job for you. If you know how to install operating systems and so on, you can simply fix this update.