It is essential that businesses organize their inventories, monitor the movement of goods and ensure the safety of the premises. Accurate and effective automated identification of products is part of a successful business process. High-efficiency Barcodes Serve This Goal
Today, barcodes (readers) can be seen in many places. There are retail stores, libraries, warehouses, hospitals and almost everywhere else. As they improve the speed of data collection and processing, they are beneficial for every business. Depending on the applied technologies, various types of laser scanners and CCD scanners can be widely used.
Laser Barcode Scanners
These readers use laser beam as a source for illumination for reading barcodes. Usually there is a rotating prism or oscillating mirror. The laser beam is moved forward and backward by the barcode. The light diode in this reader measures the intensity of the light transmitted from the bar code.
Laser scanners have high precision and accuracy. They believe they have good performance due to their scanning range. Reads barcodes for greater distances and gives preference to non-contact applications.
CCD Barcode Scanners
Barcode scanners using CCD (Charge Coupled Device) technology are called CCD scanners. These are also called bar code readers. Small series sensors are arranged in a row of CCD barcode scanners. Measure the environmental light emitted by the bar code. They are designed to withstand harsh working conditions.
Laser and CCD scanners have been favored by many companies today. Although laser and CCD readers are preferred in their own way, there are some comparative judgments.
Advantages of CCD Scanners for Laser Scanners
CCD barcode scanners with many laser scanners are preferred. Some of them have been mentioned:
• CCD scanners use the LEDs to illuminate the barcode. Ten times longer than laser scanners.
• Unlike laser scanners, there are no moving parts. So they are less susceptible to damage or failure. They resist regular wear.
• When using a laser beam, certain direct safety precautions must be followed for immediate viewing. Because they do not use laser beams, they do not apply to any safety regulations.
• CCD scanners are inexpensive compared to laser barcode scanners.
• Laser scanners have a higher scanning speed than laser scanners.
Advantages of Laser Scanners for CCD Scanners
Laser barcode scanners have some advantages over CCD scanners. Some of them:
• Laser scanners are able to read barcodes in a wider range of distances. Thus, unlike CCD scanners, it can be kept away from the barcode. Therefore, it is mostly advantageous for long-term scanning.
• Another advantage of laser scanners is that they can read long length barcodes. CCD scanners can only read barcodes of a length or a smaller length.
• Laser scanners are very easy to handle. Even an unmanaged manager can use it without problems.
Both laser and CCD scanners are effective and reduce manual scans. They also save time and energy. Observe the aforementioned advantages of laser and CCD barcode scanners and choose any one of them according to the barcode type and the environment. You should also consider the portability factor for your business and the average scan range. Selecting the right barcode scanner helps maximize business productivity.